Saturday, November 14, 2009

Can someone give me a general description of Greater Cincinnati, please

Can someone give me a general description of Greater Cincinnati, please?
I am trying to decide between Indianapolis and Cincinnati to live. My impression of Indianapolis is that it is mostly flat, and open, with a fair amount of trees. My impression of Cincy is that it is hilly, wooded, and given the terran, it is probably more conjested, and has a less open geographical feel about it. I haven't been to either city. I will initially fly into Indy and drive to Cincy. The cost of a flight to Cincy (from Denver) is about triple what it cost to fly into Indy. Thanks for your time.
Cincinnati - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
sorry nobody has yet to answer. I don't know if you are wanting to live in Cincinnati or the Greater Cincinnati area. But here's my experience: For me, Indy was always fun to visit but I was always dying to get back home. I was borne and raised in West Chester, OH about 30 minutes north of Downtown Cincinnati. The things about Cincinnati is there is SO much to do and see and you have access to things you just don't have in other cities. Now having said that West Chester was perfect because you have access to all those places and experiences but you don't have to deal with the congestion and hassle of the actual city because you are far enough out to have the option of quiet of you'd like As far as the flying, I feel your pain. From personal experience I have found CVG is less expensive to fly out of than it is to fly into, although it is a Delta hub still (for a little while longer) Try flying into DAY (Dayton) which is about 30 minutes north of West Chester, which I already said is 30 minutes north of Cincy. Check out the questions and answers in the Cincinnati category about what there is to do in Cincinnati. There is so much and I have already gone on enough. Have a safe trip and good luck deciding!
2 :
flights to cincy as pricey...i usually fly into dayton, not too far and significantly cheaper. cincy is a great town, and you'd be nuts not to at least consider it! it's a beautiful town with lots of history and character. It's no more congested than indy. i'm not a fan of indy, but then again i am biased! check out fairfield, west chester, mason, loveland, etc...they are just outside cincinnati and are great suburban areas. if you're looking to move into the city, check out hyde park, mt. lookout, oakley, mt. adams, etc. google these neighborhoods, you'll be so glad you did!

Search News